WALKER PENDER was formed in 1988, when the two Legal Firms of Walker & Walker, and Pender & Pender amalgamated, and commenced practice in new premises overlooking the Ipswich City Mall.
The firm of Walker & Walker was founded in 1896 by J.E. Walker, who was joined in practice by his brother S.H. Walker in 1899, when the firm became known as Walker and Walker. The direct descendants of J.E. Walker have been associated with the firm since that time.
The firm Pender & Pender was founded in Ipswich in October, 1874. In 1900, E.J. Pender became a Partner in the firm and his brother, M.P. Pender also became a Partner in 1907. The firm was owned and operated by the descendants of M.P. Pender after that time.
In September, 2014 WALKER PENDER GROUP acquired Morrison Lawyers, a reputable and well renown law practice with offices in both Ipswich and Springfield. Graham and Pauline Morrison are also now team members of WALKER PENDER GROUPgiving the firm an opportunity to grow into the expanding Springfield and surrounding areas.
The result of the amalgamation is that WALKER PENDER GROUP is able to provide a wider range of Legal Services, including services of a specialised nature. It has the capacity to service the needs of the larger business, and corporate clients, as well as maintaining a commitment to individuals of the Ipswich, Springfield and West Moreton area.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation (Personal Injury work exempted)