The Ipswich Turf Club Incorporated is a proud and historic Club having grown from the first races held in the Ipswich area in 1848, to the first official race meeting in Queensland in 1859 to the forming of the Ipswich Amateur Turf Club in 1890 to race at the Bundamba Racecourse. The Club was renamed in 1988 and the track renamed in 1991 to become The Ipswich Turf Club, racing at the Ipswich Racecourse. There are approximately 46 race meetings each year including 2 Saturday meetings, one of which is the famous Ipswich Cup.
The Ipswich Turf Club’s imperative is to promote and protect the sport of thoroughbred horse racing in Ipswich. At the Annual General Meeting on 26 August 2008 an announcement was made about a joint venture development to upgrade the facilities and redevelop surplus land. It is the vision of Ipswich Turf Club to create another 120 years of history and secure a forward thinking Ipswich Turf Club for the benefit of future generations.